Saturday, October 4, 2008

Singing in the rain!

I think that running over 5 miles in the rain equates to running the full 10 my brother and I set out to accomplish this morning. Maybe?

I was delighted when I stepped outside this morning into a light drizzle. We need the rain! Then I thought, "Wait! I am on my way to a run!" So, for the first time in many years, I ran in the rain with my brother. And, it was fun! At first, my mother instinct kicked in and I thought, "We are going to catch the death of cold out here!" But we trotted along at a nice even clip and enjoyed singing some Laurie Berkner songs. I admit that I cannot carry a tune...I do like to sing though! I pity all within earshot of my vocal skills!

Those of you without kids or grown kids are missing out! Laurie Berkner rocks! She has these catchy little diddies that, as my brother said, get stuck in your head all day. So we sang Victor Vito and I tried to recall the words to We are the Dinosaurs and Laurie has a Pig on her Head (or something like that).
As my brother and I completed our first loop, we realized we were quite wet and it likely wasn't the best idea to continue on course since next weekend we will be running the City to the Sea 1/2 marathon. Now is not the time to get sick (like there ever is a time)! So we packed in it and I immediately directed myself to Starbucks for a cup o' java to warm myself up.
Surprisingly, I feel supercharged! Something about running and singing in the rain did me some good. I feel invigorated and ready to take on the half next weekend! Now that is rock'n!

No comments: