Monday, June 2, 2014

Summertime!

One more week and the kids are off for summer. I am quite excited about this. I know there will be days when I will want to bang my head against my desk and weep when I have to work and the kids are circling me like sharks. They will know my question before I ask it. "Uh, Mom? No one is bleeding but..."

While the hubs and I must continue to earn paychecks this summer we do have adventures planned. Some short and some longish. It will be a good opportunity to spend time together as a family and remember why we like each other. The kids are excited to sleep in. They are happy at the prospect of not hearing me sing my way down the hall to wake them up at 6:30 each morning. Somehow, Zippity Doo Dah, is not music to their ears.They are looking forward to play dates occasions to hang out with friends. They minds are set to swimming and s'mores and sand. 

I am hopeful that the weeks of summer will not travel by too quickly. I need to recharge and I hope the weeks dawdle a bit. I don't want to speed through summer and enter the school year at full throttle prepared for burn-out by October. We have to at least make it to November before the morning battles begin!

We'll see what the summer brings! Four days and counting!


 

No comments: