Monday, February 24, 2014

Cookie Season is Here!

Cookie season has begun. Yesterday, we picked up 216 cases of Girl Scout cookies. That amounts to 2,592 boxes of Girl Scout madness!

We have our Thin Mints and Peanut Butter Patties and Carmel deLites. We have classics like Shortbread and Peanut Butter Sandwiches. And, now we have branched out to gluten-free with our new Chocolate Chip! We also have the mandatory "yucky" cookie. This year the honor goes to the Cranberry Citrus Crisps which, thankfully, replace last year's Mango Cremes which tasted a lot like the way tropical candles smell.

With the help of some stellar moms we sorted and stacked and crammed the cases into my humble abode. Then we sorted the cookies by scout and started loading them into cars for distribution. Cookie sales is intense. People that pre-ordered cookies are frothing to sink their teeth into their favorite Girl Scout delicacy. They want to know when their orders will be delivered? And, can they just swing by instead of waiting? I say, "Yes, indeed! Snap to it!"

I need a multi-million dollar idea that I can work for two months out of the year and laze the days away the other ten months. If I had some little worker bees with the work ethic of these Girl Scouts I would have it made.

Some scouts sell literally thousands of boxes of cookies. While our troop might hit 2,700 or 2,800 no single girl will sell over 600 or 700. Most of our girls sell about 250 boxes...and to me, that is awesome. Awesome because the girls are thrilled and I know their parents are helping to make that happen. I refuse to be the crazy cookie lady that sets incredibly wild goals for her troop. I have seen it...and it is not pretty.

My ultimate goal during cookies season is to help the girls achieve their personal goals and maintain some threads of sanity while I do it! And, OK, I admit to getting my cookie nerd on when I am with my team! My sanity may already be slipping!


 


No comments: