Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Oriental Chicken Salad

Recently, my husband and I recalled a funny thing that happened to us about two years ago.To set the stage I need to tell you that, if you don't already know, my husband is Japanese. With that info you would naturally conclude that our children are half Japanese.

With that said...

I was quite pregnant with our daughter and not feeling up to cooking dinner. So, Todd suggested we go to Applebee's. I am not a huge fan of Applebee's, but it was better than waddling around the kitchen. We get there and place our orders. Todd decides on the Oriental chicken salad. I order our son a grilled cheese sandwich and then decide I will get a half order of the Oriental chicken salad.

We eat our meal with the usually flurry of crayons and spills that accompany dining with a toddler. The bill comes and I open the little fancy folder and burst out laughing. Todd looks at me funny and grabs the bill and he also starts laughing. The bill read...

1 Oriental
1 1/2 Oriental
1 Grilled Cheese

I guess I was the grilled cheese!

1 comment:

OneZenMom said...

Ha!

"Grilled Cheese" fits you perfectly! You are warm and toasty on the outside, ooey-gooey and soft on the inside, and super-cheesy overall! :)

Love to you!