Thursday, September 18, 2008

A Walk on the Wild Side

We took our four-year-old, Mitchell, to see Walking with Dinosaurs. We kept him in anticipation of a "big surprise" until we were in the car driving to the event locale. We asked Mitchell where he thought we were going?

"I don't know."

"What is something you have been wanting to see?"

"Hmmm... I don't know," Mitchell replied again.

"What big animals have you been wanting to see?"

"I know! Camels!"

"Camels? You want to see camels? OK, what other big animals have you always wanted to see?"

Mitchell looked at us nervously, like he is afraid to say it in case it isn't true. He squeaks out a soft little, "dinosaurs?"

"Yep! We are going to see dinosaurs!"

At this point we witness screams of excitement and a general bit of happy thrashing in the car seat!

I must say that we enjoyed Walking with Dinosaurs as much as Mitchell did. The dinosaurs were very life-like with blinking eyes and slow, plodding movements. It was easy to spot the actors in the small dino costumes and the stability bars under the bigger dinos, but I found myself so caught up in the theatrics that none of that mattered. I was so glad we splurged! We actually bought "cheap seats" but were front and center to the stage...it was perfect!

As one can imagine, Mitchell has been talking about dinosaurs non-stop since the show. It the car this morning he asked me so sincerely from the backseat, "Mommy? Can you tell me all about Walking with Dinosaurs?"

"Don't you remember sweetie?"

"Yes, but I want you to tell me what you remember and I will listen."

Aw! So cute! A budding paleontologist!







1 comment:

OneZenMom said...

That's so awesome! I'm glad you guys had a great time! :)