Friday, August 29, 2008

The little tourist

Thankfully Mitchell and Ellie will be spending the day at Grandma's house. Why is this such a good thing? Mitchell dressed himself without a hint of supervision this morning. He proudly showed me his outfit and announced he was "very handsome." How could I ask him to change after that?

What does the offending attire look like? I wish I had taken a picture! He has on a yellow and blue sleeveless t-shirt with a truck on the front. He followed that with a different shade of blue shorts. Not so bad right? He then put on crew socks that he pulled up to his knees and completed the look with brown, slip-on dress shoes. I think the accessory that pushed the envelope is an old, orangey, yellow hat that I wore when I was about five-years-old. I found it in the garage while looking for something for Ellie. The hat is made of canvas that has gotten stiff with age. It is an old-school, beach-style hat that engulfs Mitchell's head like a salad bowl. The best part? It proclaims "CALIFORNIA" in bold, topsy-turvey letters. Yes, my son is styling! He has gone where fashion never dares to go! He just needs a camera slung around his neck.

But, I have to say that despite his gear, the proud smile of his face did indeed make him "very handsome" this morning!

No comments: