Friday, November 8, 2013

Days of Joy

Some days seem daunting from the get-go. I have definitely had my fair share of begrudgingly started the days. I have decided I am not good with that. I don't want to dread what awaits me at work. I don't want to fret about what bills will arrive in my mailbox in the afternoon. I don't want to wonder how I will accomplish everything the day has prepared. I don't want to begrudge the day...I want to live it! I want to enjoy it and savor it for the gift that it is.

I feel I am going through a shift. A good shift. A shift in my perspective and a shift in my core. I feel like I am becoming more keenly aware of what is truly important and what is not. I feel like I am choosing my battles better. I am aware that my attitude is mine to own and alter. No one can steal my joy...if I have lost it, it is because I relinquished it. My life has been a set of adventures and adversities and I think I finally am grasping some lessons God clearly wanted me to learn.

My faith is on fire within me. I finally get that God is at the helm and not me. I believe that He has plans for me that I can't even fathom. I realize that if I slump through my day, I am robbing myself of gifts that God is setting before me. If I grouch at my children, I am stealing the blessing of their presence from myself. If I grumble at the slow driver in front of me, I am robbing myself of happiness by filling it with irritation. If I become so frustrated with work that I stress intensely over it, then I am robbing myself of any number of moments of joy that are taking place all around me.

I have to let go and let God. Let God provide. Let God's favor flood my life. Let God's plans for my life unfold. 

I believe I am at a good place in my life. But, I believe deep in my soul that this is not all God has planned for me. I truly believe this shift will take me beyond my expectations. Have you ever felt that deep in your gut? That feeling that something big is coming? Something good? That is what I am feeling right now. And, to keep myself from missing any opportunities I am starting the day on the right foot. I am declaring my days will be good and I am starting each with great expectations.



 

No comments: